Are you a blogger and do you take high-quality images for your blog? Do you like to take pictures of everything around you? Then you can start making money selling your photos online.
The great thing about selling stock photos is that you don’t need any special training, the opportunities are plentiful, and you don’t need a website to get started.
As long as you can provide images that have good color and lighting, captivating moments, and correct composition, you can make a decent income.
Like anything else, the better equipment you have and the better your experience and knowledge, the better your images will be and therefore the more lucrative this opportunity will be.
If you want to make money selling photosHere are some of the best places, where to find them, and how much they pay.
EARN MONEY SELLING STOCK PHOTOS:
- 123RF – You earn 60% commission when someone downloads your image.
- 500Prime – Earn money by uploading and selling your photos on 500Prime. Payments are made through PayPal.
- Alamy – You earn 50% of each sale.
- Animals Animals – Make up to 50% commission on your high-quality animal and nature photos. See site for acceptance guides.
- Bigstock – Your earnings are per download and based on the customer’s payment plan type and the size of the image purchased.
- BlendImages – Contact for rates and details.
- Corbis – Contact for rates and details.
- Crestock – Royalty rates are calculated on a progressive scale based on the total number of images sold since you signed up, ranging from 20% to 40% commission.
- CrowdFoto – Select an assignment, use your camera or smartphone to take the image, and upload it. If the customer likes their photo, you receive €20 via PayPal.
- Cutcaster – Earn 40% – 65% for every credit spent per download on contributor files.
- DepositPhotos – The commission depends on the type of license under which the image is uploaded and the resolution in which it has been purchased. It is also influenced by your author level and status on the website.
- Dreamstime – You earn 25% – 60% of every sale you make.
- Envato Market – List your items and pay the Envato fee (which varies based on exclusivity and how much you sell) and the rest is your seller fee. See the site for a detailed rate table.
- Fotolia – Earn up to 33% royalty on every image sold.
- FudPix – Create an account, upload your food photos and earn up to 50% on each sale.
- GL Stock Images – Currently not accepting new applications, but will resume soon.
- Image Vortex – Earn up to 75% of the license fees received from sub-licensees for your photo content.
- IngImage – Currently hand-selecting photographers and illustrators who can create natural images that capture a moment and excite their clients. Sign up to be a contributor.
- Inmagine – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your history and contact information for additional information.
- iStockphoto : – Pays contributors a base royalty rate of 15% for each downloaded file. If you are an exclusive contributor, you can earn up to 45% commission.
- PhotoSpin – Earn a 40% revenue split for non-exclusive images. Payments made through PayPal, Skrill or by check.
- PicHit – You get 20% of the revenue from subscriptions, plus additional bonuses for the popularity of your photo. Exclusively licensed photos will earn you 100% of the stated reward money.
- Pond5 : – Set your own prices and earn 50% of each sale. The best thing is that you do not have to sign any exclusivity agreement.
- Shutterstock – You get paid for photos, illustrations, and video clips. Fees vary based on subscription plan, exclusivity, and vector type. The site says you can earn up to $120 per image download and 30% royalty on each clip purchased.
- SmugMug – Upload your photos, set your price and earn 85% of the profit margin.
- StockedPhotos : – Accepts photos and illustrations from talented and experienced photographers and artists. You are one of them? Request a consideration.
- StockFood – Accepts images from leading food photographers and videographers. See site for application process and registration details.
- TRUE : – You earn a minimum royalty rate of 50% that can go up to 62.5%. Request a consideration.
- TextureVault : – Currently does not accept photos. Come back and fill out an application to be considered.
- Veer : – You earn from $0.35 – $7.00 per image or illustration download (depending on size). Extended license fees vary. You must apply and be approved before submitting photos.
- Yay Micro – Pays photographers and illustrators 50% commission on images. Payments are made through PayPal.
Still wondering if people really make money selling photos? Watch how Evgeny Tchebotarev earned $1,602.50 using his 500Prime from him in just a few weeks.
EARN MONEY BY TAKING PHOTOS USING SMARTPHONE APPS:
- Clashot – is a smartphone app where you can earn royalties of about 44% for each photo sale. Download the app, upload your photos and earn money every time one of your photos is sold. Available for Apple and Android smartphones.
- EyeEm : It is a smartphone application for iOS and Android. Simply create an account, upload your photos and when they have purchased one, you will earn 50% commission.
- Foap – Download the Foap app (available for iPhone and Android operating systems) to your smartphone and start uploading your photos. Once your image receives five positive ratings from other Foap users, your photo will be posted for sale. You will earn $5 every time someone buys your photo. Payments are made through PayPal.
- Scoopshot : – Earn money by making photos and video requirements through Scoopshot. This money making app is available for both iPhone and Android systems. Money is earned from direct photo and video purchases and also through revenue sharing options. Payments are made through PayPal.
- Twenty20 – Earn 80% commission on single photography licenses. Earn 20% commission on subscription plan licenses. Also available for both operating systems.
EARN MONEY WITH YOUR PHOTOS ON INSTAGRAM:
- InstaPrints – As simple as uploading your Instagram photos to InstaPrints and setting your prices. When a customer buys one of your prints, InstaPrint will finalize all the details. Payments are made on the 15th of each month via PayPal (global) and check (US residents only).
There are a few other additional ways to make money on Instagram but the best one is by selling your own Instagram images like Daniel Arnold did (who has made up to $15K in one day!).
Or if you have a BIG following on Instagram, you can work with brands like Danielle Bernstein, who earns between $5,000 and $10,000 per post.